Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Paleo Crackers

These are a staple in our house - you can use them in place of crackers or as a bread subsitute. Note that we use a Demarle silpat. If you don't have one, I highly recommend you get one! One of the best purchases I've ever made!


KPM's Paleo Crackers

  • 2 cups almond meal (I get this at Trader Joe's - cheapest almond flour I've found)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 garlic cloves (I use 2 of the frozen Dorot brand garlic cubes, also from Trader Joe's)
  • 1.5 tbsp olive or walnut oil
  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of paprika

  • Mix all ingredients together
  • Put the resulting dough ball onto your silpat
  • Cover with wax paper and roll out with a rolling pin to about 1/8 inch. Try to get it an even thickness so it bakes evenly
  • Remove the wax paper
  • Bake at 350 for 14 minutes
  • Let cool and break into pieces


We eat these most often with a bowl of tuna and paleo mayo. Dip these in and it's like the best tuna sandwich you've ever had minus the bread! I keep them in an airtight container and they don't seem to go stale ever.

I picked up some little flower shaped cookie cutters. We cut them into shapes and they turned out great. It's a little more tedious to break them apart, so I won't do this when we're in a hurry!





0 comments:

Post a Comment